Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Validity of Race as a Biological Construct

It's clear that race in humans is a warranted concept. The fear of it is only a fear that acknowledgment of the existence of race = racism. The project is to lie and deny that race exists for the greater good of a game called, "If you deny that race exists, racism will vanish."

That this project with noble intentions is doomed is probable. We are what we are, and that is cavemen and cavewomen with suits and matching outfits.

Anyway, strictly biologically speaking, race is a valid concept.

Let us take for example a snake. I am a snake-o-phile, or whatever they are called. I love snakes. I love them in part because they are evil and everyone hates them. I search for snakes everywhere when I have the free time and I am out in open and wild-type areas. You hardly ever find one, but once in a while you can. When you do, you reach down and pick it up!

It's a garter snake or a gopher snake or ringtailed snake and it won't hurt you. I like to grab them, catch them and then go over to some macho guy's place with a live snake. I know these macho dudes who are all badass, but they have a secret, in that they are terrified of harmless little snakes.

I like to go visit these guys, snake in hands, and then shove the writhing snake in front of their faces and watch them freak out. Now is that funny or what? Big tough guy: "Um, nice, now do you think you could take that thing...outside?!" Nervous laugh. Hard man, sure.

Here in California there is a critter called the California kingsnake. I have not captured a live one yet, but I have captured an almost dead one hit by a car. I took it home and gave it to my cats to play with outside until it died. After that, I wanted to gut it and cook it on the stove in some manner and eat the damn thing, but everyone insisted that I not do that, and they could not even give me a damn reason.

What is interesting about the CA kingsnake is that it lacks subspecies. Now, most snakes and many mammals and birds have subspecies.

But the CA kingsnake has things called "races" that are even below the level of the subspecies. They can look dramatically different from a regular kingsnake, but there is apparently not enough genetic variation there to cut them into subspecies, so they are just called races.

The notion of whether or not human races divide sufficiently to be called subspecies is not yet sorted out, with White Nationalists coming down on the side that the races really are subspecies, and everyone else not even wanting to touch the subject.

At any rate, to call the races races, below the level of subspecies, in a California kingsnake kind of way, is hardly going to be the end of the world. It's not even a radical concept. Biologically speaking, it's utterly banal.

Amazing that careers are destroyed over this bullshit, huh? How dumb can you get? Hurry up, we are having a contest.

Note: Readers should carefully read the Commenting Rules before commenting to avoid having their comments edited or deleted and to avoid being banned from the site.

No comments: