Monday, September 01, 2008

The War On Men

The latest death toll figures from Hurricane Katrina can be seen on this website here. The famous Russian neo-Nazi video is on this blog here.

Updated September 2:

Couple of nice articles here and here.

I used to think this stuff was stupid, but now I'm starting to think there's something to it. I'm sitting here, barely above poverty level, in the barrio. I don't feel like I'm oppressing anyone. How am I a member of some male ruling class that is lording it over the women? How has society advantaged me my whole life to detriment of the poor females? I just can't see it.

I feel oppressed myself. I don't feel like I'm automatically a member of some privileged elite by nature of my gender. That's where all this patriarchy crap leaves me cold. Patriarchy says we men rule this society, if not this whole planet. Well, I don't feel like I rule anything. I feel like a peon. So I can't sympathize with all this "male privilege" BS. What privilege?

I don't necessarily agree with the bit about casual sex being so disastrous. I've had plenty in my life, and I could use some more of it these days.

Note: Readers should carefully read the Commenting Rules before commenting to avoid having their comments edited or deleted and to avoid being banned from the site.

No comments: