Thursday, February 03, 2011

Skinned Alive



German translation (in deutscher Sprache).

This video is called Skinned Alive, by PETA, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Despite the title, I had a hard time finding any animals in this video that were actually being skinned alive.

The video is about the fur trade in China, which is notorious for its cruelty. The first part of the video shows the treatment of raccoon dogs, which are raised for their fur in China.

They are kept in small cages under terrible conditions in all weather. Then they are taken from their cages and beaten to death with iron bars in front of the other raccoon dogs, who watch and await their fate. The raccoon dogs writhe on the ground, suffering, for a long time after they are beaten.

Then we move on to footage of raccoon dogs being skinned. The skinned carcass is then thrown onto a sickening pile with the rest of the carcasses.

Next we see footage of rabbits. These are White rabbits, apparently also raised for their fur. A rabbit is taken out of its cage and apparently strung up with some kind of rope. Then a worker grabs the rabbit and quickly breaks its neck. Now the rabbit is hanging upside down, but I am not sure if it is dead yet. The worker begins to make a cut near the rabbit's rear end.

The video ends with a message about the cruelty of Chinese fur farms and urges people to not buy fur.

More here.

4 comments:

Chris Richards said...

Hello my name is Chris and i have watched a ton of your videos. I enjoy them very much, except i hate PETA and i think they over react about this type of thing. Isn't it humane to kill for what we need and want? I mean we are the higher race.

George Douglas said...

I like this site... I mean blog...

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I used to hate PETA too. I thought it was just a group of over-sensitive people who couldn't accept the cycle of life. Then I watched one of their videos that a friend had posted on facebook. I was physically ill. For some reason I cannot understand I felt the need to watch even more of the videos on the PETA site itself. Its horrible. Fucking horrible (excuse my language). Its not that the animals are being killed for food or for clothing but the manner in which they are kept up until the time of death and the way they are killed. I couldnt bring myself to watch this video because I know how upset the last ones made me. What I know is this, there are fur farms that actually do skin the animals alive. These poor creatures are crying out and writhing on the ground skinless. You ever get dirt in a wound? Hurts worse than the wound itself. and most of these animals are left to die right there on the ground because the "skinner" moves on to the next animal. In some videos they throw the skinless animal on the back of a truck into a pile of other dead or dying animals. I don't care how you dress it up, that is inhumane. You want meat or fur from an animal? Pop a bullet in its head and do what you need to do. DO NOT make it suffer and say "Well I needed the fur". That's bullshit. Anyone who does that is a sadistic prick, plain and simple. I dont want you to think I'm some girly girl animal rights activist just spewing b.s. I grew up in Vermont, I actually hunt and fish myself, I learned how to gut, skin and butcher a deer before I could even drive a car. I understand that humans have killed animals since the beginning of time in order to survive. I just feel that if youre going to kill an animal for the things you need (as you said) then just kill them and get it over with no need to torture them. So I ask you now, if you knew your life was about to end at the hands of a human would you prefer to be skinned alive and then left to lie on the ground and die from your injuries or a quick bullet to the back of the head? You may hate PETA, thats fine but you should have a look at the videos on their web site. You may be surprised at what you see.

Anonymous said...

Chis burn in hell and ill find where you live and I will skin you alive you better watch out